The vineyards of Langoa-Barton are mixed with those of Château Léoville-Barton and cover 15 hectares. The château stands near the road between the hamlet of Beychevelle and the centre of St Julien. In 1821, Hugh Barton, a Bordeaux wine merchant, bought Chateau Langoa, which was classified a Third Growth in 1855. Four generations later, in 1929, Ronald Barton inherited the vineyard. Today, the estate still belongs to the Barton family with Anthony Barton at the helm since 1983, three years before his uncle Ronald passed away.
He divided the shares with his daughter and grandchildren who represent the seventh and eight generations at Langoa. Chateau Langoa Barton is typically Saint Julien in style, with much finesse and elegance.