Session 1 (Wednesday October 5th)
Single Malt Irish Whiskey: We will begin with an exploration of how to taste your whiskey, followed by an introduction to how your whiskey is made from the Grain to the Glass. During this class, we will explore and discuss the history of Irish Single Malt, along with tasting & learning about the current distilling companies in Ireland, and the Single Malts which they produce.
Session 2 (Wednesday October 12th)
Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey: This class will be an exploration of the Single Pot Still(S.P.S) Irish Whiskey Category. We will discuss exactly what makes an S.P.S whiskey, and why they are unique. We will explore the different brands which currently have S.P.S whiskey in their range and the history of the style, which once made Irish Whiskey the most popular whiskey in the world.
Session 3 (Wednesday October 19th)
Single Grain Irish Whiskey/ Independent Bottlers: This will be an exploration of Column distillation, and the styles of whiskey which they can produce. We will also explore the importance of Single Grain whiskey to the Irish Whiskey industry as a whole. This class will also explore the trends in Independent bottling brands which are available in todays market, their reasons for doing so, and why they are important to our industry.
Session 4 (Wednesday October 26th)
Blended Irish Whiskey: In this class, we will explore ‘The Art of Blending’ and discuss some of Irelands most revered blenders. We will taste and discuss some of Irelands most famous blends, and explore why this is the most popular form of Irish Whiskey Worldwide. This will be followed by some canapes, and a presentation of the Course Completion Certificates. Oh, and maybe one or two more wee drams.
The general details of the course are as follows:
• The Course will run on four consecutive Wednesday nights, from 5th -26th October 2016.
• The course fee is €160.00 which includes all notes, whiskeys tasted in each class, canapes on the final evening.
• Places on the course are strictly limited, ensuring all participants are comfortable and that there is time for questions.
• The course will be held in Mitchell & Son, The CHQ Building, I.F.S.C, Docklands, Dublin 1
* The course will commence at 7.00 pm sharp each evening. The lecture and tasting usually finishes at about 8:45pm.
• Participants are kindly requested to be punctual, as late arrivals can cause considerable disruption to the class once started, and can have an effect on the finishing time.
Terms and Conditions
• Places are limited. Applications will be treated on a first-come, first-served basis.
• An application will only be accepted in the form of a completed Booking Form and full payment for the entire course. A separate Booking Form must be filled out for each participant. Deposits will not be taken, nor will places be reserved before a completed Booking Form and full payment have been received.
• A reminder will be sent by e-mail to all participants a week before the course is due to start.
• Mitchell & Son Wine Merchants reserve the right to cancel the course or alter the date of scheduled classes if necessary. All Participants will be contacted immediately in this event.
• In the event of a participant failing to attend classes or arriving late to classes, Mitchell & Son are not obliged to refund the participant, make places available on subsequent courses in respect of classes missed; or to provide alternative goods or services in lieu of missed classes.
To reserve your place on this course or for more information, please contact our CHQ shop on 01 612 5540, send an email at email@example.com, or book online through this page.