When Michel Muré settles in Rouffach and plants his vineyard in the 17th century, he surely has little conception of the beautiful adventure that he is setting in motion for his descendants…
In 1935, Alfred Muré extends the property with the addition of the 12-hectare (25-acre) wholly owned Clos St Landelin, foreseeing already its potential for exceptional quality. He replants the terraces, ideally situated with their sunny exposure and shelter from the rain.
Nowadays it is Alfred’s grandson René, together with his children Véronique and Thomas, the 11th and 12th generations of the family, who are responsible for running this exceptional, wholly-owned vineyard and its neighbouring terroirs, using biodynamic methods.
Estate is totaly cultivated in organic vinegrowing.