Session 1 (Wednesday January 17th)
Classic Malts & Fundamentals of Distilling
Session 2 (Wednesday January 24th)
Irish Pot Stills
Session 3 (Wednesday January 31st)
Casks & Blending - Barrels, Finishes and Maturation
Session 4 (Wednesday February 7th)
The Whiskey Fringe
The general details of the course are as follows:
• The Course will run on four consecutive Wednesday nights, from 17th January - 7th February 2018.
• The course fee is €160.00 which includes all notes, whiskeys tasted in each class, canapes on the final evening.
• Places on the course are strictly limited, ensuring all participants are comfortable and that there is time for questions.
• The course will be held in Mitchell & Son, The CHQ Building, IFSC, Docklands, Dublin 1
* The course will commence at 7.00 pm sharp each evening. The lecture and tasting usually finishes at about 9pm.
• Participants are kindly requested to be punctual, as late arrivals can cause considerable disruption to the class once started, and can have an effect on the finishing time.
Terms and Conditions
• Places are limited. Applications will be treated on a first-come, first-served basis.
• An application will only be accepted in the form of a completed Booking Form and full payment for the entire course. A separate Booking Form must be filled out for each participant. Deposits will not be taken, nor will places be reserved before a completed Booking Form and full payment have been received.
• A reminder will be sent by e-mail to all participants a week before the course is due to start.
• Mitchell & Son Wine Merchants reserve the right to cancel the course or alter the date of scheduled classes if necessary. All Participants will be contacted immediately in this event.
• In the event of a participant failing to attend classes or arriving late to classes, Mitchell & Son are not obliged to refund the participant, make places available on subsequent courses in respect of classes missed; or to provide alternative goods or services in lieu of missed classes.
To reserve your place on this course or for more information, please contact our CHQ shop on 01 612 5540, send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or book online through this page.
- Fantastic course - great value for money Review by Jim
I attended this course in Jan/Feb 17. I was a complete novice. I met some of Ireland's best whiskey experts, tasted over 30 fantastic whiskeys, many of which I would probably never have tasted.
Above all I came away knowing a LOT more about whiskey and how to taste it.
Mark is a great teacher, his approach is encompassing of everyone, novice and expert. I really appreciated this aspect of it.
Undoubtedly a top course in Ireland - do it!
You will really love it.
Jim (Posted on 09/02/2017)